Landon is my little chef. He loves to help me cook. Today Addie and I were upstairs and Landon came up to me and said 'Mom! Guess what!! Me and dad are going to make you banana bread for your birthday cake!!' He was super excited about it. Why he thought I needed a birthday cake, I don't know. My birthday is in December. Anyway, I asked him if Steven was going to help him and he told me that he was. A bit later, I found Landon (and Addie had joined him) in the kitchen, and this is what he was doing.
He put a banana, a stick of butter and some sugar in the kitchen-aid bowl and were stirring them all around. It cracked me up! So, of course, we had to make banana bread after that. This is what baby Grant was doing while we were cooking.
I put him in the Moby (the most awesome and comfortable, yet awkward looking, baby wrap/sling you can find!!). Grant loves it, and I couldn't resist taking a picture of his cute little face while he was sleeping in it!On an unrelated note, Steven and I started taking a family and marriage institute class. Last night was the first night. It meets every other Friday. I'm super excited about it!! Last night our lesson was on goals. At the end of the class they gave us 5 minutes to go off with our spouse and set some goals for our family. I was really excited with some of the goals we came up with, and the plans to achieve those goals. One of our goals was to have more quality family time. So, we decided that on top of Family Home Evening every Monday, on Friday's we're going to do an activity as a family. Whether it's making cookies, playing a game, going to the park or zoo, watching a movie, doing an art project, going bowling, or anything else, we're going to make sure to do it all together. It seems like a lot of the time Steven will do something with the kids while I'm working on something else. Then I'll do something with them while he's doing something else. So, our goal is to do things to help make memories and strengthen our family all together. I'm super excited about it!! Anyway, Grant is fussy and Steven's playing basketball at the church, so I've got to run.
7 comments:
I would enjoy seeing Landon on Food Network! Maybe he and Logan can have their own show!
We just started one through our Stake too! What a fun date night! Landon is so cute. He just loves his mommy so much.
looks like gabe has your lips! i can't wait to see him. i hope he likes me.
What a SUPER cute family!! I love that Landon. Was Steven really helping him? I am impressed that he knew butter, sugar and bananas went into banana bread! I also think Grant is looking more like Landon again :) That's a good thing!
Way to go Grant! You got your job down pat, it looks like!
And by gabe...I am sure Katy meant Grant!
I did mean Grant..Jenny Wilkersons baby is Gabe and I had read her blog right before yours! Sorry!
Post a Comment