Thursday, January 8, 2009

Today's simple joys...

  • Cuddling with Addie for about 20 minutes this morning.
  • Grant sleeping through breakfast, so I could eat my shredded wheat without holding him!
  • Hearing Landon and Addie singing their hearts out to 'Your nobody called today'
  • Taking Landon to Joy School
  • Going to the mall with just Addie and Grant
  • Finding a cute shirt for $9.00 and using my gift card to buy it!
  • Hearing Addie say 'There's a bumblebee car' every time she saw a yellow car while we were out today. I swear we had to have seen about 8 yellow cars. What are the chances...
  • Hanging out at Amanda's while the kids play
  • Having dinner in the crock pot, so I don't have to worry about it
  • Wearing my new jewelry (that I got before Christmas) and feeling fancy (even though I'm not!)
  • Coming home to a clean house because I cleaned yesterday and we were gone for a good part of today!
  • Making cookies with the kids
  • Oh yeah, and throwing clothes down my laundry shoot. Here's the pictures I promised

And just for the fun of it, here's some of my simple joys from yesterday

  • Reading one and a half Junie B. Jones books to my kids. They're LOVING Junie B. Jones, and I must admit that I'm really enjoying it too!!
  • Getting my kitchen and living room and downstairs bathroom clean, and keeping them clean (kind of)
  • Having a thoughtful friend bring me dinner, even though my baby is 3 1/2 weeks old, just because she wanted to!
  • Falling asleep while nursing Grant and getting a good 45 minute nap while my kids quietly watched a movie!
  • Having UPS bring my new camera
  • Hearing Addie say to Landon 'Be quiet! Or I'll let you have another!' and when I asked what 'another' was, I was informed it was a fat lip. Oooookay. I think Landon told me she got that from Looney Toons.

And I can already tell you one of my joys for tomorrow:

  • Having my super handsome husband home ALL DAY because it's Friday, and he is off on Fridays!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

Now, I'm off to read more Junie B. Jones to my kids while Grant is sleeping.

3 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

Don't you love being a full-time mom? Cherish those moments, they are gone way too quickly.

Zarsky Family said...

Yeah for the laundry shoot!!! I am a little jealous, but since I am pregnant Chris does try to help carry the clothes down for me.

Lake said...

Wish I had one of those super convenient laundry chutes. Right from the kids bathroom to the laundry room. I should talk to Mark about it. Thanks for the idea.