Monday night was a rough night. I didn't feel well and waking up every 2 hours to feed Grant didn't help much. Tuesday morning when I woke up I was almost certain that I was suffering from a Urinary Tract Infection. I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in so they could run a test to see if that's what it was or not. Can I just say that I was SO miserable that the thought of having to wait until the next day to be able to start on antibiotics made me want to cry. After stopping by the doctors I ran to the store and bought some UTI medicine to help with the pain until they got my test results back. My mom and Hannah came up on Tuesday so we had a fun day hanging out with them. That night when we got home there was a message on the phone from the doctors office saying they had called in a prescription for me, so Steven went to pick it up. I was happy to finally start something that would make me start feeling better.
Wednesday I got another call from the nurse at the doctors office. She said that she wanted to make sure that I had gotten her message the night before and had started on the antibiotic. I told her that I had and she said 'Your results came back and there were large groups of white blood cells and you have a very bad Urinary Tract Infection. You are probably miserable!' Umm...yeah! Anyway, Dad and Brad got here that afternoon, and we didn't do anything too exciting for New Years Eve. Steven had to go to work at about 4:00 in the morning, so he was asleep by 10:00. We hung out at Amanda's until about 11:00 then I woke up Steven and Addie and we headed home.
Thursday we all just hung out and ate yummy food.
Friday, Steven went back to work. Mom, Amanda and I made cards and we all played some games. Mom and Dad headed home after dinner. Last night we discovered that Grant likes to suck his thumb!! We're trying to keep him from developing that habit, so we're sticking with the binky!
On a side note: Before I had Grant I was helping plan a 24 hour Book of Mormon Read-a-Thon. One of the Mia-Maids wanted to do this activity, so I helped her plan it. It was on New Years Eve and New Years Day. It seemed to be a big success. My sister Hannah was able to go and she really liked it. I stopped by a couple times to see how it was going. I felt bad that I wasn't able to go for all of it. But with just having a baby 2 1/2 weeks ago and having a bad UTI, I thought I should take it easy. Overall, I was happy with how it turned out. The youth seemed to get a lot out of it and really enjoyed themselves. I was glad. A lot of time went into making up the schedule in a way where they wouldn't get bored and tired. They did all sorts of different activities to keep things interesting and we had a lot of volunteers from the ward come in to go over certain parts with them. Anyway, overall, it was a successful activity, which I was so happy about. It's hard to plan an activity then not be able to attend to see how it turns out. Luckily the other YW leaders are amazing and worked hard to make it all work out good.
2 comments:
That UTI does not sound like fun but at least your dr. got you some meds fast. Does Grant let you swaddle him? That works really well for keeping Spencer's hands out of his mouth.
You have to admit, babies are sooo cute when they suck their thumbs!
Post a Comment