Monday, April 14, 2008

A little hiatus...

For some reason, I've had a hard time thinking of things to blog about. My brain just isn't working properly!!

So, just for the sake of putting something new up on my page, I thought I'd give a quick recap of what we've been doing.

Friday we went to Malone's Gymnastics as a family, and had a great time. We went with some neighbors, and all the kids (and husbands) had a wonderful time. Steven hurt his back though, with all of his rough playing (which is not surprising if you know Steven's history with back problems).

Saturday we had a dinner party to go to with the people who are graduating with Steven. It was a lot of fun, but pretty interesting. It makes for some interesting conversation when you're at a dinner party with people who are drinking, and they know you're Mormon. No one drank too much (to the point of intoxication), which was good. But it was pretty embarrassing when the conversation turned to the fact that Steven and I were both virgins when we got married! Anyone who knows me, can just imagine that I wanted to crawl under the table and die, and my eyebrows were on fire (for some odd reason, when I get embarrassed, my eyebrows start to literally burn. I guess instead of getting flushed cheeks, by eyebrows blush, but you can't see the redness, I can just feel it...) Luckily, my husband is very tactful, and knows how uncomfortable I am when it comes to discussing things like that, especially with strangers, so he was able to change the subject pretty quickly.
Sunday was Stake Conference, so we were done with church by noon, which was great! We're already sick of the 1:00 church schedule, and we still have 8 more months of it!! Bishop Edgely from the presiding bishopric was there, and it was a really great meeting! After church we decided to make some treats to take around to the people who helped Steven put our new swing set together. I had the kids make 'Thank You' cards and then we went to deliver the treats. However, our kids, being unpredictable and difficult like they are, decided to throw a HUGE fit when we started giving the cards away. They were wailing 'I WANT MY CARDS!!' when we tried to give them away. It was pretty embarrassing...

Anyway, there's a recap of our weekend. Nothing too exciting, but it's our life none the less. Okay, I'm off to plan our FHE lesson. Tonight we're doing a spotlight on Addie. Next week is Landon, then Steven, then me. Then we'll have a final FHE on why our family is special, and how grateful we are that we're an Eternal Family. That's the plan at least. So I need to start gathering stuff that Addie likes, so we can do her spotlight tonight. Maybe, if you guys are really lucky, I'll post another entry about our sweet Addie after we do her spotlight. Don't hold your breath though...

2 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Sorry abou your dinner...how uncomfortable! The thank you card is cute.

Anna said...

That is the most adorable FHE idea that I have ever heard!