As you can see below, the kids were excited on the car ride to Nana's and Grampy's.
We had a great time while we were there. Watching conference and eating. That's pretty much what Saturday and Sunday consisted of.
Mom and I sewed some things on Monday. We made two skirts. The first pattern was really off, we made the biggest size on the pattern, thinking we could take it in, and it BARELY fit me. It actually barely fit mom, who's skinny!! So, mom kept that skirt, and we made another one, that we made a pattern for off of a skirt Amanda made for me in college! We had the opposite problem with this skirt. We had to keep taking it in because it was too big! Anyway, it fits great now (I tried it on once I got home, mom, and it's perfect!!) The picture below is HORRIBLE. Terrible lighting, terrible setting, terrible body (well, that one I can't really change yet) but I wanted to get a picture on here for Sarah Z. so she could see that I did, in fact, sew something! And yes, I am standing on the side of the tub, taking a picture of the skirt in the mirror. Steven was already asleep, or I would have had him take it.
Mom and I also took a trip to Ft. Knox while I was there. We stopped by where we used to live (and can I just say, that I am SO spoiled! I can't imagine living in the rows and rows and rows of little military quarters, it was actually kind of a sad experience.) Below is the one we lived in when I was about 4 or 5.
Finally, here's two cute pictures of my kids going into the commissary. I thought it was SO funny that Addie put her sunglasses on top of her head. And Landon, didn't want me to take his picture, but I snuck it in anyway!
And one final thing. When we got home tonight, Steven had a surprise for us in the backyard. I didn't take a picture until about 10:30 tonight, hence the pitch blackness of the picture, but hopefully you'll get the idea.
Okay, that's the end, of this long and boring blog. I hope at least one person made it to the end!
5 comments:
I made it to the end and I think you were very creative with taking the picture in the bathroom using the mirror! :) Your kids looked like they were having fun.
Cute skirt! I love the swing set too :)
How GREAT!! A free swingset. What did you do with the meatal one? And I love the skirt. And addie is stinkin adorable. And I cant wait till i'm back there hangin with the Harwards.
I made it to the end too! It was fun to read. Anyway, I am jealous of your swing set, how fun!
your kids are too too too cute!
Post a Comment