Yesterday I stepped outside to talk with Tyler's mom as she was loading him up in the car. As I was coming back in the house I heard Landon yelling 'MOM MOM MOM!!! LOOK WHAT ADDIE'S DOING!!!' So, I went into the kitchen, and this is what I caught her doing. Eating cream cheese frosting out of a can! Don't mind the messy 'I just woke up from my nap' hair. I swear she doesn't always look like a ragamuffin!! **Interesting side note, I just found out that ragamuffin is a REAL word. The definition is 'a neglected child. a child dressed in worn or tattered clothes, often one allowed to roam the streets'. So HA all you people who tease me for using weird words (MELISSA T!!! j/k) this one's a real word!!**
I took the kids to play group today, and they seemed to have a pretty fun time. Landon had a melt down in the middle though because he was 'STARVING'!! I told him that he could pick something special for lunch at walmart when we were done. So, we trudged onto walmart and got our stuff there (always fun...) and then we were home for the rest of the evening. I was able to get the kitchen, our bedroom, and the toy room clean, plus I did about 4 or 5 loads of laundry. So, it was a pretty productive day I guess.
It was a good thing that I was busy too, because my phone wasn't working!! I was SOOO ticked. Our phone bill was supposed to be paid last week. Well, when I was writing out the check, I realized we never mailed in the month before's check. So, I just mailed both on Wednesday. Well, Steven talked to someone on Thursday and explained that we didn't realized we hadn't mailed last months check, and that the checks were on the way, and the guy said it would be fine as long as they got it this week. Then Saturday our cable wasn't working, when I called to find out why, the lady said it was because they hadn't received our payment. I told her that Steven had just talked to someone about that, so she turned our cable back on, and said we'd be fine as long as they receive our payment by the end of this week. Well, yesterday evening every time I tried to call someone I kept hearing 'Thank you for calling Comcast' (we used to have Insight (Anna P. I know you don't like comcast, so I feel like I have to explain!) but Insight just changed to Comcast). Finally I talked to someone there and thay said it was because they disconnected our phone service until we pay them. I told him that we had talked to two different people in the past week and both times were assured that we would be okay. Anyway, he reconnected it, but it took 24 hours for the phone service to start working! Geesh!! All of that for a late payment. I'm going to have to get more organized in my bill paying so this won't happen again. Anyway, as of right now everything is working as it should be. How embarrassing though! To have our phone disconnected due to 'non-payment'! Oh well, we're past it now!
Okay, one last thing...Steven and I are in a competition with Amanda and Casey, and Mom and Dad, to see who can loose the most weight by the end of May. Wish us luck. We're going to need it I think. Amanda and Dad are SUPER competitive. However, Steven's pretty competitive too...maybe we do stand a chance...
7 comments:
Maybe I should start a competition with someone b/c I am freaky about being competitive! Maybe that would be a good way to lose my last 8 pounds :)
You forgot Brad and Hanny! And yep you are going to need all the luck you can get girly!
HEY!! I 've never made fun of your "ragamuffin." Just your fancy pants! LOL Good luck on your weight loss challenge. If you guys win, I'll come help clean your house too, just put me to work!
When I tumble out of bed, I often go straight to the fridge for some cream cheese frosting. It's delicious in the early morning!
YUM!
Sarah, I liked the Comcast story...sounds just like them! I love talking to people and being told one thing and then making more calls because the person I talked to obviously did nothing about it, made no note of it, or just told me something to make me happy and get off the phone. O.K. No more ranting for me.
Anyway, I can identify with the embaressing "forgot to pay the bill story". I had my utilities set up on auto pay from my debit card. Well, my debit card expired I didn't think to call and update the info with them when the new one came. 60 days later I came home to a BIRGHT RED note on my door informing me my utilities would be shut off in 24 hours if I didn't pay. SO EMBARESSING!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEEF!
~Cooper
I love to say "fancy pants!" Now there is a little girl's boutique by our house and guess what the name is?! You guessed it--FANCY PANTS!
Post a Comment