Monday, September 15, 2008

Ahh...memories...

So, tonight I was laying on our bed reading when the phone rang. The caller ID said 'Western Wats' and I thought 'Humm...that's interesting...' I answered and it was a guy wanting me to take a political survey. I said sure, but then I asked him 'Are you calling from Western Wats?' He said yes. I said 'In Idaho?' he again said yes. I said 'In Rexburg?' He said yep. I of course had to tell him that when I was going to school in Idaho, I too worked at Western Wats calling people and asking them to take my surveys. I didn't however tell him that I only worked there for about a week before I had to quit for sanity's sake. It's a small world, and I was really happy to receive that little reminder of my past...
Me and my roommates that year (my head is the one right above Debbie's butt, just in case you couldn't tell!)
Me with Katy and Murph. Fun times!!

7 comments:

Kayli said...

my sister worked at Western Wats in Logan.

And I worked at the telethon at USU for a while, asking alumni to donate money. I've gotten two calls from then since then and I always have this weird feeling, like--how did I get to be on the other side of that phone call? (I even donated 10 dollars the first time, I think for old time's sake. But I didn't the second time. :)

joanna said...

I WORKED AT WESTERN WATTS TOO, IN UTAH! I think I lasted about a month, but I can't remember.

Anna said...

I git hired at Western Watts and immediately did a one hour shift. Then I showed up for work twice. Got sent home because there was no work to do twice and then quit. Aaah the memories.

tacy said...

did you take his survey?

Katy Wilson said...

wow...that is too funny...my mom one time got a call from western watts...
i do feel bad for those guys...
good memories....

Mrs. Reeder said...

Add me to the list. I also worked at the WW in Rexburg for like a month! It must be some kind of right of passage! That, and Melaluca!

Lynners said...

Sorry, I just realized I left that last comment under my mom's blogger id. I've been doing some work on her school blog tonight. Sorry for the mix-up!