I LOVE using new toothbrushes. I'm not quite sure why, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE when it's time to replace my toothbrush and I get to open up a new one. Well, this morning was one of those mornings and while I was opening my new toothbrush and getting ready to brush my teeth and Addie said to me 'Mom, brush your teeth? Get sick?' Unfortunately my children are all to familiar with the sight of me throwing up into the bathroom sink as I try to brush my teeth every morning. I'm not sure why this happens, but for some reason, pregnancy makes brushing my teeth unbearable! I've tried switching toothpaste, using no toothpaste, and brushing my teeth in the shower (thinking maybe the sight of all the foam in my mouth was causing me to lose it). Landon made a similar comment to Addie's earlier this week. We were over at the Elmer's house and Landon wanted to play 'Hungry Hungry Hippos' with Porter and Maya. I told them they could, but to make sure no little marble pieces fell on the floor or Bennett could choke. Then Landon said 'Like you do when you brush your teeth and get sick' Poor Landon has such a weak stomach that when I brush my teeth he is usually dry heaving and gagging watching me. I'm afraid I'll traumatize my kids into not liking brushing their teeth, but so far that hasn't been the case. They still LOVE to brush their teeth, so that's good.
I'm not sure what made me think to post that, but oh well. I guess I better get to some of those other things I should be doing.
I'm not sure what made me think to post that, but oh well. I guess I better get to some of those other things I should be doing.
6 comments:
Oh how I understand...
First, I too love getting a new toothbrush. It's one of those simple pleasures that I know makes my life fantastic.
Second, I never really had morning sickness where I felt like I had the flu or anything most of the day when I was pregnant, but I did have "brushing my teeth sickness". This is embarressing to admit, but at the end of my last pregnancy it got so bad I actually stopped brushing with toothpaste all-together and just did the absolute minimum with the brush and water. Then I'd hurry and stick a piece of cinnamon gum in my mouth (which somehow kept me from losing it...and gave me better breath :)
What is up with you and brushing teeth???? :)
I had the same problem with pregnancy teeth-brushing. I got my teeth cleaned during my last pregnancy(horrible experience because of pregnancy gingivitis) and the hygienist recommended children's toothpaste--bubblegum or blue sparkle flavored or something, a child's toothbrush, and warm water. Fairly unpleasant, no minty fresh feeling but I stopped throwing up in the sink. It is worth a try.
I for sure will comment on yours. I laugh out loud every time I read the little blurbs you have on the right column about the cute things addie and landon do. Good stuff!
please tell me you have picture of the wedding...i fear i will not be able to see any and i am DYING to see some!!
I hate being sick while you brush! It almost makes brushing obsolete hu! You're good to hang in there though. Thank heaven they're worth it.
Post a Comment