On a somewhat related note, I had to get my glucose test done on Friday as well. That's never fun. You get to drink this pretty yucky REALLY REALLY sugary drink (think of snow cone syrup only a lot sweeter) then wait an hour and then get blood drawn. For the first time, in probably, ever I was left with a pretty nasty bruise from getting my blood drawn. I've had bruises in the past, but usually it's because they've missed the vein (and had to try multiple other times), they went completely through the vein, the vein clotted and they had to, ever so lovingly, wiggle the needle around in my arm and flick at it. None of those things happened this time. In fact, I've never had a bad experience with this lab that I went to. But, I ended up with this... (sorry the pic is a bit blurry. And it actually looked worse today, but since I NEVER bruise, I thought I'd take a pic to show it off!)

Nice, huh? Yes, I'm well aware that there are bruises MUCH worse, but this is a beauty for me!
And here's some randomness...
Here's the kids playing in the water the other day. They were a bit stir crazy, and we realized that summer is quickly coming to an end, so why not let them live it up while they can!
And here's Bennett with his favorite Aunt. ME!! He is just TOO cute!!And lastly, I want an HONEST opinion from EVERYONE who happens to read this. What do you think of the name Rigdon for a boy? That's the name I'm trying to get used to right now. Steven really likes it, but I'm just worried it's a bit too weird. Too, out there. My main reason for worrying is because I can't find it in any baby name books, or on any sites, and they have some REALLY WEIRD names in those books (and on those sites!) So, what would you think if you met someone named Rigdon? If you heard someone named their child that? Do you like it? Hate it? I'm not sure this will help me make up my mind, but I don't really trust my own judgement!
5 comments:
I quite like Rigdon. It's actually right in the style of boys names that I love (Jethro, Talmage, if we have another boy I want him to be named Orrin.)
I don't really care if most other people in the world have heard of a name before as long as *I* know that it's really a name, and not made up. People are constantly asking me where I got Talmage, and I tell them it's generally a last name.
So yeah, I say, if you think you like it--go for it!
(But then, take my opinion for what you think it's worth--I have a son named Jethro!) ;)
I think it's cute. And you know how picky Spencer is...and he likes it too. Cute, cute. It's different, but not really odd. go for it! (Also though, trust your own instincts, if you don't like it, don't do it. You don't want to force yourself into the name.)
Sarah, I here you on the doctor bit. I hate to lose a doctor after you finally feel you have a good patient/doctor relationship with them. Good luck...
Also, I like the name Rigdon. It sound familiar enough to me (of course because I'm LDS too) but also trendy and classic at the same time. Cute.
I think that it is a great name! Not odd at all :)
I like the name. It is different. Sometimes that is scary or intimidating, but I am like that about things. I like clothes, hair styles, names, etc. but don't think that I can 'pull them off' or that they 'fit' with me so I am too scared to do them. If you like it, don't be like me! Go for it. Somethings I like about the name are it not being a common name, you can still spell it even though it is not common, and you can pronounce it even if you haven't seen it before.
Post a Comment