Here are two views of one of the bags of apples. We had three bags this size, all full of apples! Whew, I'm getting even more tired, just thinking about how many apples we delt with today!
During the process. I just kept cutting apples until we ran out of room in the pots and bowls, and on the counter. Then, when we'd fill another pot, it would make more room on the counter, so I'd continue cutting. We were able to borrow an apple saucer this time around. I'm not sure if that's the technical name for it or not, but that's what I call it. Last time we made applesauce we used an apple corer, peeler, slicer and cored, peeled and sliced all the apples, then boiled them until they were mush, then ran them through a blender. This time, we just cut the apples into fourths, threw them in a pot with a bit of water, steamed them for about 20-30 mins, then ran them through the 'apple saucer'. I'm not sure how much faster it was, but last time I think it took us 3 days to get 25 jars, so it's pretty much a given that this was was faster (although, there are things about both ways that I like and dislike).
And that was our day of apples! Fun, huh? Well, that's debatable.
On a totally unrelated note, Steven went into the doctor today. He was feeling a bit under the weather (and I'll freely say that I think he's a bit of a hypochondriac) plus, he broke his pinkie (we think it was broke) last Christmas, and wanted to finally get it checked. When he came home, he reported that the doctor said the following about him. 1- The doc thinks he's depressed, because Steven didn't 'look' very happy when he was in there (there's a professional way to diagnose depression. 'You don't look happy'.) 2- The doc think Steven has some sleeping problems, and prescribed a sleep aid (Steven? A sleeping problem? The only problem I can think he might have is that maybe he's narcoleptic because he can fall asleep pretty much anytime!) 3- He asked Steven if he was unfaithful to me. Wondering if maybe Steven was sleeping around and could maybe have contracted an STD (WHAT?!? This guy really was a QUACK!). And 4- This guy told Steven that after I have the baby, he needs to 'take care of himself' during the 6 weeks after I have the baby, because my body will be healing and I won't be able to 'take care of him' if you get my drift. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?! I was SO mad, and disturbed by all of this! Steven goes in to have his pinkie looked at, and his gut looked at (because he's been having a pain in his stomach) and this guy throws out all of this?!?! WHAT THE HECK! Seriously, not only was he way off base on all of that, but if you ask me #4 was totally inappropriate and way over the line! Anyway, I think we'll be in the business of looking for a new family doctor!
5 comments:
Good job on the apples! And WOW about your husbands Dr. appointment...I can hardly believe it!
That is crazy, absurd, strange doctor! Something that has helped Sean (He is also a sleeping fanatic & people always think he's depressed), I got him taking Vitamin B (liquid form under his tongue) and it really seems to be helping him have a lot more energy. Another friend also mentioned getting his iron checked...
I am APPALLED by that doctor! What a psycho!
I think that doctor is the one with all the problems being thrown out there... That is totally uncalled for!
okay, that doctor is really...wow. Did he register a complaint with the practice or health center or wherever he went?
Post a Comment