Today my day has been so pleasant!! Here's a look into some of the simple joys I've experienced today!
~ Landon eating waffles with Steven at 4:00 in the a.m., then climbing back into bed with me, whispering 'I love you mom' and falling back to sleep.
~ Landon waking up at 7:00 a.m. and being perfectly content to entertain himself on my bedroom floor while I continue snoozing (this is thanks to him eating waffles with Steven three hours earlier. Usually Landon wakes up like this 'I'M HUNGRY!! FEED ME NOW!!!')
~ Going to my presidency meeting and Landon and Addie playing so peacefully with the other kids.
~ Going over to Amanda's house to hang out after my presidency meeting. I love having her so close and being able to just go over and hang out!
~ When I told Landon it was time to go home, he said 'Okay mom! Bye Maya. I have to go now' (usually when it's tome to leave he says something like this 'WAAAAHHH!! I DON'T WANT TO GO!! WAAAHHH!!'
~ When I reminded him that we need to clean up before we leave, he responded with 'Okay. Hey Maya, I get to stay for a little bit longer and help clean up!' (yep, he actually sounded excited about 'getting' to stay longer to clean up!!)
~ Coming home from Amanda's, and thinking what I was going to make for dinner. I HATE trying to decide what to make for dinner. Then checking my voice mail messages to hear one from my wonderfully handsome husband saying 'Hey, I picked up some Prime Rib today and thought we could have that for dinner with twice baked potatoes and corn. So, if it's okay, lets plan on that for dinner' So, now I'm not only relieved that I don't have to think of what to make for dinner, but I'm actually looking forward to making and eating it!!
~ Knowing that Steven was able to get the Prime Rib for about $4-$5 a pound because he's so great at his job, so people are always giving him free or cheap stuff, just because they like him so much!
Okay, I'm sure there's more, but my kids are playing so nicely and I really have the hankering for some cookies and also for some oatmeal bread, so I think I'll round up the troupes and we'll start baking. (I really hope I haven't jinxed myself and now our evening is going to go to pot!)
6 comments:
Don't you just love days like that? I will have those "perfect days" at school once in a while and wonder, "Is this the calm before the storm?" Oatmeal bread sounds good. How do you make it?
Aunt Gwen
You and Amanda are so lucky to live close to each other. I miss my sisters SOOO much every time I see you girls together!
I LOVE days like that. Those are what get us through the bad days!! ;) By the way, I miss you!! Also, how do you get such cute backgrounds?!? I've looked and I have no idea how to do it?! I want a cute blog!!
Sounds like a perfect day...
What would of been a lovely addition is
"After my presidency meeting stopping by Katy's apartment to pick her up to hang out with me and Amanda all day"
It sounds like those were Magic Waffles! Maybe have Landon get up to eat them every morning (without waking you up!) ;)
Post a Comment