My mom and Amanda had planned a baby shower for me, and it was held at the Olive Garden. Mom and Amanda told me that it was just a 'girls night out' so when we showed up, and went to our table, in this little room, there were all these people from church in there and they all yelled surprise. My mom was just getting ready to move, so I thought it was a surprise going away party for her. I looked at her to see if she was surprised about 'her' going away party, and feeling a little dumb that no one told me about the party. Then I realized everyone was looking at me, so I said 'Surprise? For who?' They all said 'For you!'. Boy was I confused. I asked why they were doing a surprise party for me, and they said 'Because you're about to have a baby!' I was still confused. I said 'But this is my second baby. You don't do showers for a second baby.' To which they all replied that since my first was a boy and the second was a girl, then it's normal to do another baby shower. Anyway, needless to say, I felt pretty dense!
Anyway, back to last Wednesday, I got a cute pack of onsies, a SUPER soft and snugly blanket and some socks and a hat for the baby. It was very thoughtful of them, and I had a great time!
1 comment:
I don't think I would ever be confused about a surprise party because I think the world revolves around me....
Post a Comment