Saturday, November 8, 2008

My toy room...

So, yesterday was the day! Not only did I work most of the day on applesauce (and all the other things that keep a mom busy) but I also attacked my kids toy room. And I mean ATTACKED! I should have taken a before picture, but I think I would have been too embarrassed to really have posted it anyway. Needless to say, with Christmas coming up (even though I'm planning on keeping Christmas simple) I wanted to get rid of ALL the toys my kids don't play with. I was impressed with how much I got rid of! This is what we have left.


We have two bookshelves, that are actually in the closet of the room, we just took the closet doors off, that hold some of our books (I refuse to put out all of my kids books because it seems like that's just inviting them to pull them all off the shelves and tear the pages out), the bigger toys, movies, and odds and ends. The blue bucket on top of the taller bookshelf is where all of our babies and stuffed animals are. I was impressed that I downsized to that small of a bucket. We had WAY more than that!

All the rest of our toys (with the exception of the duplo blocks, magnetix, baby stroller and dress up clothes) are in this stackable storage container. And the drawers are not by any means full!
One drawer has what musical instruments we have left in it.
This drawer has all the animal and action figures we have left. Not very many compared to what we had before!
Here are our ponies and baby accessories.
And last but not least, our cars.

Pretty slim huh? I have a chest that has our dress up clothes in it, then the duplo's and magnetix are in their own boxes. Anyway, can I just say how nice it is to walk by the room and see some organization (for now at least!) I'm sure this isn't impressive to most people, but anyone who's seen my toy room before, should be blown away!!

6 comments:

Leah said...

I love how cleaning and organizing makes me feel so good and like I really accomplished something with my time and energy. And whether the results last long or not doesn't negate my proud moment. Congratulations on a great success!

Lace and Joe said...

I love the room!!!! We leave for our cruise this coming friday!!! YEY!!!! I am so excited I can't even stand it.

Candace said...

So how did you know what to get rid of? I don't have a playroom so I do the rotating boxes thing but it seems like me children play with everything on different days.

Anonymous said...

Good job!!!!!

Zarsky Family said...

Wow! That looks great!

tacy said...

very good job!