Friday, November 21, 2008

Dr. Apt (37 weeks)

I had my 37 week check-up on Wednesday and everything seems fine. I'm not dilated at all, but I'm 80% effaced, so that's good news. The bad news is that my doctor told me that he doesn't want us traveling to Nauvoo for Thanksgiving, because it's 5 hours away and 2 weeks before I'm due. So, we're currently trying to decide if we should listen to the doctor or not. Steven really wants to go to Nauvoo (and I don't blame him. I was really looking forward to it) but now I keep thinking that if something did happen and I went into labor early, I'd be so mad at myself that I didn't listen to the doctor. So, I have another appointment on Wednesday and depending on my status then, we will see if we'll still go or not. I asked the doctor is 3 hours was too far away, and he said 'Well, I'd feel more comfortable with 3 hours than 5!' So, we might end up crashing my parents Thanksgiving, or I'll see if I can use some of my pregnant charm (or sass, whatever you want to call it) and talk my family into coming up here for Thanksgiving. So, for now, our holiday plans are up in the air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I wouldn't even think about traveling if you are that far effaced. I know people will be disappointed not to see you, but better be safe than Stephen delivering him in the car. Katy is coming for New Years, any chance you want to travel with a new baby and come to our New Years Day bash?