Wednesday, November 5, 2008

To my Steve-adore...

Steve-adore~

I hope you know how much I TRULY love you. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. I can't imagine not having you in my life every single day. I love your amazing work ethic. You are such an amazingly hard worker. You're the best at everything you do.

You're the best dad I could ask for for my kids. I feel so blessed that these little spirits that I love so much it hurts, are lucky enough to have you as their dad. They LOVE spending time with you, and I can't imagine anything they get more excited about than when you walk in every evening and say 'Where's my babies?'

You are so dedicated to everything you put your mind to. You have an amazing testimony and are such an example to me. I always feel like I need to study a little harder, pray a little more sincere, and serve a little more just to catch up with you.

You take corrective criticism so well. And are so willing to make changes. I remember when we were dating (actually, it was before we were even dating) and you found out that I hate the word 'Freakin'. So, in just a matter of a day and a half, you had completely cut that word from your vocabulary! I was SO amazed and impressed! This has happened many times in our marriage. I expressed worries, concerns, or frustrations with you, and you're always willing to make changes, and not hold a grudge. I can definitely learn some big lessons from you!

Lately I've noticed other changes in you as well. I'm not sure how to put into words the changes you've made, but all I can say is it has made such a positive impact on our home. Because you have been so supportive, helpful, positive, complimentary, and a dozen other things (more than usual that is), I've found myself constantly thinking 'What can I do to make Steven's life easier?' 'How can I make Steven happy today?' 'What can I do to show Steven just how much I love and appreciate him?' Well, (and here, I'm finally getting to the point of this post) this doesn't even compare to the things you do to make my life easier and happier, but today I made these JUST FOR YOU.

Yep, Amanda's special Carmel Apples. Dipped in homemade carmel, white (or milk) chocolate, then rolled in either Oreo's, toffee pieces, or cinnamon and sugar. Amanda was teaching a friend how to do these, and I tagged along, just so I could make them for you. I hope you enjoy them, and think of how much I love you while you're enjoying them while I'm at Young Women's tonight.

I LOVE YOU!!! (sorry to everyone one else who had to endure this post about how amazing my husband is, but I think he deserves the recognition!)

Love,

Sars

3 comments:

Kathy said...

What a sweet post. Made me cry.
I love you both

Gigi said...

Sarah do you think you and Amanda would share with me how to make these sweet treats?

You have inspired me and I might like to make some for my dear "hoosband".

Thanks!

Katy Wilson said...

um...did you make enough to share...