(Not the best picture, but a picture of the little guy nonetheless)
ANYWAY, needless to say, we were a bit nervous about how Landon would do yesterday. He wasn't thrilled about not sitting with me, but his teacher is so sweet and willing to help that she got him to sit with her. His whole class was on the front row, NOT on the stage until after the Sacrament was passed, then they went on the stage. He followed her up with no problem. He didn't cry at all (which was a great thing), but he also didn't sing at all (which is very unlike Landon because he LOVES to sing). Every time it was time for them to sing, he would just stand there and drum his fingers like he was bored with the whole process. Then came the time for his speaking part. He got up there, looked at me, stepped up to the microphone and said 'I can help my family....(insert some heavy Darth Vader breathing)' Then he just froze. He just looked around at everyone and kept breathing like Darth Vader. It was pretty funny. Overall, I was so proud I could burst. You're probably all thinking 'What is there to be proud of with a performance like that?' but it's a mom thing. I was so proud of him (even when he started to strip his clothes off while on the stand. Luckily, his teacher caught him and made him keep his undershirt on (he had already removed his sweater))

4 comments:
Ha ha!!!
so did he ever say anything...or was it just heavy breathing then he sat down?
HA HA HA thats awesome!!!! GO LANDO!!!
I would be so proud, too!
When I first read this, I thought you meant that after his Darth Vader breathing, he went on to take off his sweater, but then I realized his clothing removal was either before his part or afterwards.
Anyway- too funny!
Post a Comment