Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Doctors Appointment (35 1/2 weeks)

Today I had a doctors appointment. My doctor has been insanely busy lately and it's been near impossible to get in to see him. Why? I wondered the same thing! I thought it was because my original doctor moved out of the practice, so my new doctor was getting overloaded with new patients. But I asked a nurse why he was so booked and she simply said 'Because it's the end of the year'. I was a bit confused by that response. Are there more pregnant people because it's almost December? Then she said that it was because people are trying to get their surgeries and exams and checkups in this year since they've met their insurance deductible, so they don't want to do it at the beginning of next year. Okay, that makes more sense. So, I hurried and schedules all the rest of my appointments, so I don't run into the problem of not getting in when I should.

Anyway, so I'm 35 weeks along but I'm measuring about 37 weeks along (which would explain why I feel like this baby is taking up MORE than his fair share of space! Feet in the ribs, pressure on my pelvis, kicks and pokes in the side and don't even get me started on the abuse my poor bladder is getting!) As of today, I've gained 7 pounds this pregnancy (which I am THRILLED about!) For the last three appointments my weight has stayed the same. I mentioned before how at my last appointment (three weeks ago) my doctor was asking if I'm eating and if I have an appetite and that sort of thing. Today, he asked again, and I told him that I was eating plenty. He said that if I don't start gaining more weight and the baby seems to stop growing, they'll have to run some tests, but for right now, they'll just keep an eye on it. I looked at him and said 'Well, it's a good thing I didn't start out underweight, huh? That's one benefit to starting out with some extra meat on my bones' He kind of chuckled, but I think he agreed. It's not that worrisome because if you took the weight I should have been at when I got pregnant, then I probably weigh the right amount (if that makes any sense).

And, just to solidify the fact that I'm a complete dork, I took some pictures of myself in the mirror.

Anyway, after my doctors appointment I went to my friend Melissa's house and we had lunch and exchanged freezer meals. Five of us got together and exchanged freezer meals we made. So we all made five of the same meal, then everyone got one of each. That made for a busy day yesterday. Amanda came over and we made five of her meals (baked ziti), five of mine (chicken enchilada's), homemade chicken noodle soup (with homemade noodles), and two pumpkin pies. We were pretty exhausted afterwards and the kids had torn the house apart! That's the life of a mom I guess. When you're productive in one area, and feel like you're getting ahead, the kids make sure to set you back about 10 paces in the other areas. Oh well, it was worth it. It didn't take too long to get the toy room, and living room, and my room, and the kids room put back together.

6 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

You look beautiful! Maybe your little one is meant to be the next Jackie Chan and is just getting in a little practice before he makes his grand entrance.

Gigi said...

Hearing about all the things you do with Amanda makes me wish my sister lived here.

And I'd love to hear more about your freezer meals and group. That sounds like fun!

You're amazing Sarah!

Lace and Joe said...

You are a cute pregnate you know?!?!?!? I love ya sissy. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

Lake said...

I love the pregnancy pictures. You'll be glad you took those. I wish I had taken more. I hope all goes well with the baby.

Anonymous said...

7 pounds?? That's it?? Great job!! Miss ya. I can't wait to see him...and you, in December. Thanks for posting current pictures of you.

La Familia Gutierrez said...

SARaH SUE SEARLS!!! How did you only gain 7 lbs!!! I am super impressed and the baby definately looks like he is doing great!! you gotta let me in on your little secrets!