Sunday, November 16, 2008

Time out!

This weekend I had the wonderful pleasure of going to Nashville, Tennessee with my mom and my sister for a Deseret Book sponsored 'Time Out for Women'. Oh, can I just tell you how wonderful the weekend was (with the exception of all the worrying that I, or my kids or husband, might die while I'm away and I'll forever regret what a terrible mother, and wife, I am. But, I am pregnant, so that worry isn't uncommon for me, and with a lot of faith and prayer, I was able to not dwell on that too much!) ANYWAY, it was simply glorious! We were able to take that time to focus on spiritually feeding ourselves. It was so wonderful to be able to listen to inspiring lectures that taught you about motherhood, scripture study, faith, joy, compassion, service, selflessness, and most of all, our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I think the main reason I love these so much (this is the third one I've been to) is because I come away feeling like I'm doing a good job as a mom and wife. That Heavenly Father is happy with the choices I make, and mostly with the effort I put forth, HOWEVER, I ALWAYS feel like I come home wanting to be a better mom and wife. I feel like I'm given the boost to continue to try to be more patient, and loving, and speak kinder, serve more, judge less, etc. Anyway, it's just great! And it makes it absolutely perfect that I can go with my mom and sister and for the first time, this year we went with no babies (except for the one in my womb, but he behaved himself). I'm so glad that I have a husband that so willingly takes over while I'm gone so I can have this little break. He didn't utter a single complaint or grumble (although, this morning Landon told me that 'Dad doesn't know how to fix Addie's hair. He tried, but he didn't know how to do it, so Addie's hair just looked like this (then he motioned with his hands that her hair was just left down, which explained the INSANE look she was sporting when I got home this morning!') So, here's to my intentions of being a perfect mom and wife this week since I received that little boost this weekend. Hopefully I'll last through tomorrow!

5 comments:

Leah said...

A boost like that is always so great! And to feel boosted up and inspired to do more at the same time seems kinda rare! Hoe great that you got to have that experience and enjoy in such great company!

Jennie said...

I am jealous that you got to go to the TOFW in Nashville! I want to go there someday. Plus you got to see Hilary! LUCKY! But I am going down to Utah this weekend for her Holiday Concert so I am looking forward to that. I have gone to 1 TOFW and loved it. Of course Hilary was there. I am hoping she does one close to me next year cause I only like to go if she is there. Glad you had fun.

tacy said...

a bunch of ladies here went to time out for women. and by a bunch i mean i think our whole ward.

Katy Wilson said...

I guess Landon wanting to watch the 10 commandmends or prince of egypt is tons better than him wanting to watch...some crazy violent show. By the way I LOVE the movie the prince of egypt.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time. It is always such a spiritual boost to hear those wonderful speakers. I just love it too! What a fun weekend.