Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dr. Apt and Thanksgiving...

I had my doctors appointment yesterday. It took a hour and a half before I even got to see the doctor! He was held up at the hospital, which I suppose is a good excuse. Luckily I like him as a doctor, or I would have been REALLY perturbed! Nothing has changed since last week. I'm still not dilated and I'm still about 80% effaced. He asked about my plans for Thanksgiving and I told him that I really didn't want to stay home and make the whole meal by myself, so we were planning on going to my parents and he said 'Well, three hours to your parents is doable, as long as you're certain you're not going to Illinois anymore'. I was surprised he remembered that we were planning on going to Nauvoo, and he was still against it. So, when I finally got out of my appointment (two hours after it was scheduled), I picked up the kids then we headed down to pick up Steven from work. From there we headed to my parents. We didn't tell Landon where we were going because recently every time we come down to visit he says 'I don't want to go. It's too far away. Why doesn't Nana just take her house in pieces and bring it to our house, then she can live close' If only it were that easy! So, he was excited about being here, once we were here. He did ask where we were going and I told him it was a surprise. He said 'Is it Nana's?' I said, 'We'll see' then he said 'Is it 'big Eli's' house?' (that's Eli Smith, where we were planning on going to Thanksgiving). I told him that it wasn't that far.

Anyway, so the overall message of this post is that we were able to go somewhere for Thanksgiving, so we didn't get stuck at home alone. That's one thing to be thankful for this year. I'm trying to remember to take pictures so I'll have some to post in a couple days.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sarah, I'm glad you were able to go to your mom's - and I am sure she was so excited and happy to have you, even though Jennifer couldn't! Good luck with the new baby!!