Sunday, February 3, 2008

Catch All...

I haven't blogged in SO long, that tonight I'm playing catch up. This is the fourth blog I've written tonight. This one is just a catch all, for the things I've missed. My parents came up to watch my kids when I went to Oprah (I went on Thursday), and then they left today. We had a GREAT weekend!! We woke up Friday to about 7-10 inches of snow.

We didn't really leave the house all day. It was so nice! Mom and I made clam chowder and home made bread bowls. Talk about comfort food. We just played with the kids and watched Brad and Steven have stupid contests. Like who could keep their face in the snow the longest. Who could keep their hands in the snow longer. And who could keep their feet in the snow longer. Silly boys!

Saturday, mom and I got working on my kids room. I bought them new bedding around Christmas time, so we cleaned out their room really good and got all their new stuff set up. We painted letters to spell out their names on the wall. Of course, before we could get them hung up one letter in each of my kids names broke, so I need to run and get that before I'll take pictures to post. Dad and Steven worked hard on household projects. They fixed my down stairs toilet. Landon flushed a duplo down it, so it was kind of stopped up. So they took the toilet out, fished out the duplo, then reinstalled the toilet. They also fixed my upstairs toilet, which wasn't screwed down right, so it would wobble. They had to take that toilet out too, and the reinstall it (I think). Then they put a new light fixture at the top of my stairs. It was so nice!! Then mom and I went to lunch with some of my friends, and when we got home, we played with the kids then when they went to bed, we decluttered all the junk baskets in the house. Most people have junk drawers, well, we have junk baskets. When Steven does a 'pick up' he just gets a basket and puts everything in it. Then claims we'll go through the basket later. Well, later has a habit of not coming around too often. So mom got every junk basket in the house (probably 3 or 4) and just dumped them in the living room, and then we put everything away. It was so nice to get that done!! Anyway, that's enough blogging for one night. Here's a cute picture of my kids going to bed tonight. Landon was already asleep, but Addie kept getting out of her bed. Finally, she climbed into bed with Landon. Since she was wearing long sleeves, she couldn't rub her arms, so she settled for Landon's face! Silly girl!
Here's Addie getting herself to sleep by rubbing Landon's cheek. Notice, his cute bedding!
Here they are, crashed.
Here's Addie's cute bedding. It matches Landon's, only his is all boy, and hers is girly. I love it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things are going well with Eric and I. I took that blog off my page cause I wanted to show him my page but didn't want that on there when I showed it to him...if you know what i mean.

Zarsky Family said...

Cute bedding! It seems like y'all had fun with the snow and family visiting. Oprah...I wish I could have gone! Thanks for the updates! :)

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous. I miss my MOMMY!!! Anyway cute bedding, gotta love Ikea.

Anonymous said...

the bedding is adorable! The tates do stupid things like that...putting body parts in the snow, I just love funny family moments.