Sunday, February 24, 2008

THAT'S TOO LOUD PEOPLE!!

Today was an interesting day at church. We got there on time, which we're getting better at. I thought Steven got the church bag, and he thought I got it, therefore, it got left at home and we didn't have any toys or snacks for Sacrament meeting, which is never a good thing! Addie only lasted until right after the sacrament was passed. Then Steven had to take her out. Landon lasted through the first talk (which was a youth speaker, so he only spoke for about 5 minutes). Then there was a musical number. The choir was singing and during the last verse of the song there was a descant of sorts and so the choir started singing louder. All of a sudden Landon yells out 'That's too loud people!' I'm not sure how many people heard him, since the choir was singing pretty loud, but I was pretty embarrassed! It's funny that Landon would say that too, because he is one of the loudest people ever! Landon went to Primary without crying though, which was pretty good! I just sat him in his seat and walked out, and he did great! Then he gave the closing prayer during closing exercises! He did such a great job. He didn't even need my help really!

Now, I'm going to switch gears here for a minute. I have some random things on my mind, so I thought I'd air them out here.
First of all: Normal. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure my kids are not it. Not only are they obsessed with making messes, but Addie has the weirdest obsessions. For a LONG time she was obsessed with tampons. She would go through a whole box and open them all then carry them all over the house. Then I'd find them randomly, and I was always nervous someone would come to my house and they'd find one. Well, now she's moved on from tampons to deodorant. She's been in bed for about 40 minutes now, and about 10 minutes ago I saw her walking out of the bathroom with her pajamas unzipped and my deodorant in hand. She had climbed out of her crib, and gone into the bathroom so she could put on some deodorant. Silly girl!

Second of all: Sleeping. I just wanted to give an update on how my kids are doing at sleeping in their own rooms and falling asleep on their own. It's going great. Except for Addie climbing out of her crib every now and then, they have been doing good. They're generally asleep between 8:00 and 8:30. And we lay them down around 7:00 or 7:30. So, it's going pretty good. Better than I thought it would be. I've just come to realize that there will be some talking and laughing, but eventually they'll fall asleep. And the best news is, that since Landon has been falling asleep in his own bed by himself, he's been staying out of my bed during the night! He rarely wakes up during the night anymore, and if he does, he just comes and asks me to cuddle him for a bit. So we go back to his bed, and within seconds he's back to sleep. So, overall, I'd say our adjustment has been successful!

3 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Yeah for the sleeping kids! And Landon is so funny with his outburst! Lucas started singing VERY LOUDLY during Sacrament Mtg today...those two are somehow connected! :)

HoffmanFamily2 said...

I love reading stories about Landon and Addie! I can totally see that happening!

joanna said...

HAHA! I laughed out loud about Landon and the Tampon Lady. That's hilarious!