I can not believe that 5 years ago today, Steven and I were married. It's weird, but I can't believe it's been that long, yet it doesn't seem long enough either. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it's true! So, in honor of our first 5 years together, here's some of my favorite memories of being married.Year 1- Living in our duplex on 15th street. It was like a Dr. Seuss house. The door frames were crooked, the floors sloped, there were huge cracks letting freezing cold air in around our windows. We had that huge scary furnace in the basement and that teeny-tiny stove. Our fridge was mostly stocked with soda, since Steven worked for Coca-Cola at the time and any cases that were damaged we would get. When my old roommates Katy and Murph came out to visit, Murph said it best when she said, after getting the 30second tour of our apartment, "Well, look at it this way. You've got no where to go but up."

Year 2- Pregnancy. Throwing up every time I would brush my teeth, eat something before noon, anytime I didn't eat before noon, every time I would stand up before noon. Yeah, that wasn't very much fun. Steven would ALWAYS get up and come into the bathroom, when I was barfing my guts out, and rub my back, hold back my hair, and then had me a cool wash cloth to wipe my face with. Even the couple times I woke up in the middle of the night to puke, he got out of bed to be supportive. Anyone who knows how much Steven loves his sleep and HATES to hear people pukes, knows this is a testament to what a wonderful husband he is! Steven started his bachelors program through Indiana Wesleyan University, providing us with a MUCH better schedule since he as doing both school and work full time! Steven surprising me with a trip to New York for our 1 year anniversary. Switching jobs, and buying our house. Working our butts off to paint, clean, re-carpet, fix broken water pipes, re-do all the floors, replace most of the doors, and move all our stuff in, while I was 9 and a half months pregnant. Getting used to having baby Landon, who refused to sleep. HOLY CRAP! Our second year was chalk full of fun!
Year 3- Adjusting to not being able to go to as many concerts as we would like, since we now had to be responsible for Landon. Pregnancy again. This time the morning sickness wasn't NEAR as bad, and only lasted the first trimester (unlike with Landon where it was constant for the first 2 trimesters!) Going on our first cruise. Getting hooked on 'King of Queens'. Constantly finding reasons to say 'Steven, come here!' "I'm busy" 'Dizzy?' "No, Busy, with a B".


Year 4- BABY ADDIE! What a sweet little girl. She's so easy going and always has been. My mom and dad moved to Louisville, so we started our frequent monthly trips to their house to go to the temple.
Year 5- Last year of school for Steven. My sister and her family moved to Philadelphia, which gave us an excuse to go out there for Thanksgiving. Our first time to DC (even if it was just for a day in the freezing cold!) Movin' up in the world when we finally got basic cable and a Honda Oddessy (here's to hoping that year 6 will bring us a cell phone!)

The past 5 years have been the best of my life. I'm so thankful to have such a great husband who loves and accepts me for who I am. I can't imagine my life with out him and the kids. For our anniversary Steven got my a mini peach pie from a local pie shop. YUM! At first I thought it was just going to be one slice, but I opened it up and it was the most adorable mini pie.
4 comments:
So cute . . . the circle of life is so beautiful.
LOVE the mini pie idea. Where did he get that? I'm thinking it would be fun to surprise David with a yummy Valentines treat at school on V-Day. Do tell, do tell!
I was wondering about that door. Thanks. Oh and don't eat that whole mini pie. Split it with the sweetie:) It's more romantic that way (and fewer points).
What wonderful memories. I was thinking that it was your anniversary. It's easy to remember because it is the day after my sister Jen's.
You've come a long way baby! The description of your first apartment cracked me up! Havne't we all lived in one of those? :)
Post a Comment