We had planned to go to the Temple and Ikea after Oprah, but neither of those things happened. Because we stayed for two tapings, we got out late. Plus, Oprah was just opening up the 'Oprah Store' and it was opening day, so we had to stop by there. Here's a picture of us infront of the store.
When we got out of Oprah, it was snowing pretty hard. It was also starting to freeze on the car, and the sidewalks, so we were wondering if we should cut some things out, so we could get home before the roads got really bad. We thought we could still do it all, so we headed over to the temple. We were all STARVING, so we stopped at TGI Fridays for lunch. For some reason it took them about 45 minutes just to get us our appetizers and salads. So, that took a lot longer than we thought it would. So, we reevaluated our plan, and decided to just go to the church bookstore and the distribution center. Then we were headed home. Well, by then, it was closer to rush hour, and it was still pouring snow. It took us 2 hours to go 20 miles! It was absurd! Anyway, it was a long day, but a day we'll remember for sure.
3 comments:
That is awesome. I have always wanted to go to an Oprah taping. Sounds like you had a nice girls day out! :)
HOORAY for you! I bet you had so much fun! I totally watched the show with Dr. Oz and the football player...who knew you were there in person. How cool! A few months ago my family got to go to the Oprah show...I swear it was a dream come true. What a blast.
Yeah for Oprah! If only I could go when it's "My favorite things" I would be so excited! :)
Post a Comment