Monday, February 25, 2008

Snowballs for dessert...


This is what we made for our snack for Family Home Evening tonight. They're Snowballs, or just scoops of ice cream rolled in coconut.
*For anyone thinking they'll make these for your kids, beware, if they don't like odd textures they probably won't like these. Landon took one bite, kind of gagged, the spit it out. Then demanded he wanted ice cream without 'snow' on it.







Landon didn't like how cold the ice cream was, yet he kept insisting I take a picture of him. And when I'd tell him he didn't need to do it, that I would make them, he kept insuring me that he wanted to do it.














Here's Addie supervising the work. She's good at supervising, tasting, and just being cute!








We had a pretty good day. Just stayed home all day. We finally set up the V-Smile system that Steven's mom got Landon for Christmas. He thought it was pretty cool, but kind of had a hard time with it. He thought the microphone was SO cool.
Here are some good things that happened today:
~My Granny was the first one to call me today, and when I said hello she started singing 'I just called to say, I love you'. What a great way to start off the day!
~The cable guy came and hooked up DVR to our tv. I'm insanely excited about this. After 4 1/2 years of 1 fuzzy channel with an antenna, I feel like I'm living the high life with my 22 channels AND DVR
~Realizing that along with the DVR comes all of these 'Insight On Demand' shows. Shows from channels we don't even get, but that we can watch for free, AND there's quite a few kids shows that Landon likes. Like Bearenstein Bears (sp?). He LOVES those books, and the cartoon is equally as cute.
~We called to sing 'Happy Birthday' to Porter, and from then on, Landon kept saying 'Mom, I just turned 4!' Then I'd tell him that he'd have to wait until his birthday.
~Landon and Addie eating pepperonis while I made homemade pizzas for dinner and they kept calling them Macaroni's. 'But not the kind with cheese' as Landon was so kind to point out to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The look on Landon's face is sooo funny. I'm sure that my kids would have said the same thing too though. What is it about wierd textures that kids hate?

Katy Wilson said...

cute cute cute!

Zarsky Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun! Sounds like your Monday went well.

Amanda said...

"I want ice cream without snow also" Looks like so much fun. I wish I was there. I wanted to make snow balls too but didn't have any ice cream and I had gone way over my points for the day.

Kathy said...

I'm glad the snowballs were a hit. It doesn't matter that they didn't eat them, the memory of making them is much better. You are a great mom.