Sunday, February 17, 2008

Highlights from the weekend!

*Steven coming home early on Thursday with a beautiful flowering plant for me!
*Going to Louisville to visit my family Thursday evening!!
*Eating Raisin Nut Bran anytime I felt like it
*Going to mom and dad's ward valentine party/family dance
*Realizing mom does her 'C' backwards when doing the YMCA dance because she has a gimpy shoulder (I thought Amanda would appreciate this discovery)
*Going to the temple with Steven Saturday morning
*Taking Hannah and 3 of her friends to Evansville for a 'Jonas Brothers' concert
*Shopping with mom, and without the kids, while Hannah was at the concert
*Finding 2 shirts and a pair of pants (anyone who's been shopping with me knows that it's a very good thing if I come away from a shopping trip with anything actually purchased, because I'm extremely cheap, and picky and usually have in my mind what I want, but never find that thing)
*Mom bought me some new 'Crocs' (which I think are really quite ugly, but are so much like heaven on my feet that it's worth them not being cute!)
*Getting to church on time this morning (and their church starts at 9:00)
*Making a new recipe of breadsticks for dinner tonight and they were WONDERFUL
*Mom finding her portable DVD player in the 'Goodwill' pile after we burnt ours up by plugging in a 12V charger when it should have been 9V
*Having an uneventful ride home and listening to church talks on the iPOD with Steven
*Talking to Amanda and Casey tonight and finding out that they both got antibiotics for their strep throat
*Going to bed and knowing tomorrow is Presidents day, and even though Steven has to work, I don't have to babysit so library, here we come!!
*Oh yeah, last one, I promise, finding out a new 'Odd Thomas' book comes out in May!! I'm super excited!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I'm off to bed!

3 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Glad to have you back too :)

Amanda said...

The YMCA really did crack me up, and I cant wait for May!

Nina said...

Odd Thomas is a very good read. We're excited, too!