Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa!

We've been having a great week so far! Steven's parents are in visiting for the week, and we've been productive so far!! We had a 'Honey-Do-List' about a mile long for Steven's dad. They've only been here since Sunday night and I think they're already almost done with most of the list (well, at least the major things on the list)!

First thing we did Monday was took the kids shopping. Monty and Cheresa (obviously, Steven's parents) wanted to spoil the kids a bit, so they took them to the store and let them each get $100 worth of stuff. Let me just tell you, the kids were in HEAVEN!!





Landon got a Spiderman bike and a 'Incredible Hulk' costume. Addie got a Snow White costume (which she's sporting half of in these pictures) and a lot of 'My Little Ponies' and a baby doll, and a play cell phone and dress up shoes. Landon has been LOVING his bike!



We spent some time putting together some toys we got a while ago, but never got around to putting together. Steven and his dad also installed our new front door, two new doors in our house (and they'll do two more tomorrow). I am LOVING my new door. The window lets so much more light in the living room! Sorry the pictures look dingy. I took the pictures tonight, and didn't turn the flash on, but you'll get the idea.


Today Cheresa and I painted the door (it was maroon, and we painted it to match the trim on our house). The guys installed a water softener, fixed my screen door, fixed my water pressure in my kitchen (which was PATHETIC!) and put on a new faucet. I know by this point of this post, you're all thinking 'Gee, Sarah, your house was FALLING apart!' Yeah, it pretty much was! I feel like I must have such a pathetic life since I'm so excited about my water pressure in my kitchen (and the water softener). We have awesome water pressure in our showers and all other sinks, but for some reason, it was really bad in the kitchen. NOT ANY MORE!!
Tomorrow the guys are going to finish fixing my dish washer (which we've been using as a dish DRYER, which is where we would put our dishes to air dry AFTER we had hand washed them!) We also have some screens for Steven and his dad to fix. As you can tell, we've been really enjoying having them here!!
I did find out today that my camera had to be sent into 'Cannon' to be fixed, which means I won't even get an estimate on it until next week!!! It's been a week and a half so far that I've been without it! These pictures are courtesy of Cheresa's camera. I'm pretty bummed since Friday is Landon's birthday party. Luckily Steven's parents and mine will have their camera's so we'll be sure to get some pictures!



Oh yeah, and this is how I found my kids about an hour after they should have been asleep. Naked (minus their diaper/pull-up) and with Addie's bed pushed over to Landons. I guess this was their way of living the letter of the law when I told them 'Don't get out of your beds and play with eachother!' This way they can stay in their beds and play! Silly kids!

5 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Yeah for grandparents! I am glad that you guys are having so much fun. It sounds like the guys are getting a lot done to the house--how nice!

joanna said...

Those are some awesome grandparents. I know what you're saying about appliances - you get excited when things start working again!

Anna said...

Isn't it the best to have parents come and visit? And spoil everyone when they're there? Good for you guys! I'm sure Steven's parents are having a blast doing all these fun things for and with you all.

Gigi said...

Smart kids!

And way to go getting so much done! May I borrow you in-laws?

Katy Wilson said...

one of those beds must be super light if landon can move it...or maybe it was addie? speaking of...is that girls hair getting blonder every second?
they are still too cute and i still miss you guys too much...