Friday, August 1, 2008

Makes my heart smile...

There are moments as a mom, when my heart is so happy, and smiling so big, it takes my breath away. I know that sounds so cheesy, but I don't know how else to explain it. Tonight after we read scriptures and said prayers Landon (who has always LOVED music) wanted to sing some primary songs. His favorite one right now is 'Tell me the Stories of Jesus' (in this years Primary Program, so he's been learning it in Primary). After we sang that song he wanted to sing another. He couldn't quite remember what it was called, so he started singing it for me. His version went something like this...

Landon: It goes like this mom, 'dum dum dum dum...Caw a seedon, hum hum hum hum glory...'

I'm sure you're all looking at that thinking 'WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT SONG?' Luckily, he's pretty good at caring a tune, so I got it by the notes he was singing. It was 'Called to Serve' (I'm not sure if I did it right, but hopefully if you click on the title, it will take you to a page to hear the song, if you're not familiar with it). Anyway, we started singing it, and when we got to the chorus where it says 'Onward, ever onward, as we glory in His name..." Landon looks at me and says 'Mom, it goes like this', and proceeds to do sign language along with the words he's singing!! It was so cute and amazing to see what he's learning at church. I knew he was doing the right words, (thanks to my American Sign Language class my first year of college) even though I remember very little from that course.

Anyway, just a little moment in my day that made my heart smile!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. I love primary songs and I especially love to listen to little kids sing them! It is a great way for them to learn the gospel principles.

Katy Wilson said...

oh...little landon and sign language...how cute!

Lynners said...

So cute!!! I'll bet that makes all the tough church moments worth it!

Rhodedog said...

I am loving the songs we are learning for this years program (Lake and I are the sunbeam teachers). It is amazing to watch even the precious little sunbeams learn and love these songs. What kind of a WACKO takes sign language in college? Shhhh!