My mom made Addie the CUTEST dress! And, even more impressive, is she made it out of a man's button-up shirt!! It fits Addie perfectly and I love how the buttons (original to the man's shirt) go down the back. Sorry the pictures aren't great. My camera is sick and I'm hoping to take it in tomorrow or Friday for a check-up. Plus, we ran out of time before church for pictures, so I took them in the foyer at church after sacrament meeting and before nursery (because I knew that Addie probably wouldn't come out of nursery looking 'photo-worthy').
Even with the bad pictures, isn't that the cutest dress?!? I LOVE it! Steven did point out that it's 'immodest' (which is so funny coming from Steven, who before he met me thought there was nothing wrong with sleeveless dresses, or anything else for that matter) so, we might have to put a little white t-shirt under it next time. Either way, it's too cute for words! Thanks Nana! We LOVE it!
Also, my adorable nephew, Porter, started kindergarten this week. Landon kept asking when 'Mrs. Brown (Porter's teacher) was going to bring him home'. We waited long and hard for Porter to come home on the bus. Landon was really excited when Porter finally came home!

Here's Landon, waiting for the bus to come. It just can't come soon enough!!
Also, I got my hair cut today and I love it! If I get around to it I'll take some pictures. It's just so nice to have somewhat of a 'style' and have it low maintenance. I went to my hair lady (friend from church) and told her my problems. 1- I HATE to fix my hair! I hate to blow dry it, fix it, have it hanging in my face, etc. (it really would be easier if it were acceptable for women to have short hair like men!) 2- ever since I had Addie, my hair is pretty curly/wavy, but only in the back. My hair is really thick and most of the underneath is curly/wavy, but the very top (crown of my head) is pretty straight. Anyway, so I told her to just do something, and being the miracle worker she is, she came up with the perfect solution! Can't guarantee it's very trendy or even cute, by most people's standards, but it's PERFECT for me. Hopefully pictures will be posted of it soon!
6 comments:
I can't wait to see the pictures of your haircut. I think Addie is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
Picture copy cat
That dress is great!! You guys should make some and sell them on Etsy or eBay. You'd make a killing!
Cute dress--good job Nana! I still haven't made one yet. Olivia is not quite big enough. I love the picture of Landon. Not going to school is hard for the little ones. Lucas keeps asking me if he is old enough to go to school.
The dress! I love it, love it, LOVE IT! These are the moments when I wish I had a daughter. I would beg you to get me that pattern or find out how your mom did it and make many for my daughter to wear!
Wow, I wish I had some mad sewing skills so I could create a cute dress like that. Good work Kathy!
Post a Comment