Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why not?

I keep feeling like I can't post anything because I don't have any pictures to put up. But then I realize, oh why not?! I never posted anything about our Saturday last weekend, so I might as well do it now!

Steven heard of this place in Kokomo, Indiana (about 40 mins away) called 'Go Bananas' They have a lot of those bit blow-up slides and jumping things. It's only $5 to get in, which was worth it, but it's not really worth the drive. Landon thought it was the greatest thing ever! Addie wasn't quite so sure. Before hand we went out for pizza and we went to a yummy pie shop that is one of Steven's customers. We've gotten pies from her before, but I've never met her. She was so sweet and seemed so excited to meet me and the kids. She just went on and on about how great Steven is (which, of course I couldn't disagree with!) Then she said something that kind of shocked me. She told me that everyone who worked there were are all so impressed with Steven because they had never known of a husband and father who talked so highly of his wife and children like Steven does. She said he's always telling her such great and sweet things about me and the kids, and that it's really refreshing to hear. I was SHOCKED!! Not because I didn't know Steven loves his family, but because anyone who knows Steven can tell you that giving compliments isn't really his strong point. So, although he is ALWAYS showing us that he thinks we're great, he doesn't tend to say it a ton (well, he's very good at always saying 'I love you' and he's ALWAYS telling the kids how great they are,). Anyway, it was refreshing to hear.

It was a day with quite a bit of driving, but so worth it! I was just me, Steven and the kids, in the car and out for pizza and pie and playing all day! SO GREAT!! I wish I had some pictures to document it!

2 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

That sounds like a fun day! And pie? Yummy!!!

Lynners said...

What a great day! Thank heaven for great hubbies!