
I can't believe I forgot to put this in my post this morning! The plug on our vacuum had pretty much seen it's day (thanks to me constantly jerking it out of the wall, and the kids tripping over it). So, I wasn't that surprised when it started sparking and caught fire Sunday night! Okay, I was really surprised, but it wasn't like I didn't know why it was doing that! So, yesterday morning I called my dad and asked him how easy it was to replace the plug. He assured me it was easy. So, I followed his instructions and cut off the old plug and took it into ACE Hardware (and ACE really is the helpful place) where an associate gave me the new plug I needed. Then he re-explained how to do it (I had already written down my dad's instructions, but thought it would be helpful to hear them again). Then I went home and proceeded to replace it, all by myself! I was so proud of myself! And Steven was equally impressed! Initially I was just going to buy the plug and have Steven replace it, but then I thought I'd give it a shot. I've got to say, I've got a knack for this sort of thing...okay, maybe not, but everyone in the Harward household was pretty impressed (especially me. TOOT TOOT (that's me tooting my own horn...))
4 comments:
Were you at all afraid to actually plug it back into the wall? I think I could do the replacing but then I would probably chicken out when it was time to plug it in. Congratulations Mrs. Fix-it.
Good work, Mrs. Handywoman! That's the kind of stuff I leave to DH.
I'll give a "toot, toot" shout out for you also. Good job.
Well done lady! I don't have a cute nickname to give you, but I'm so impressed!
Post a Comment