Friday, August 29, 2008

Landon's 4th Birthday Party...

Well, today was the big day. We did Landon's birthday party today, when both sets of grandparents could be here. And we had fun!! We started off by doing a bit of decorating, as you can see (and this isn't all of it) we're not professionals. Steven did the outside. Very Spiderman-ish, don't you think?
That ugly little chair is my FAVORITE chair ever, but since it is ugly, I feel like I need to justify why we have it. It's COMFY!!)
Once the party started we had a great dinner of hot dogs, hamburgers, and brats on our new grill (which was a gift from Steven's wonderful parents!)
It was hot today, and because of the rain we got last night, it was pretty humid. So we enjoyed our dinner in the only shaded spot in our back yard. Right along the house.
Then it was time for the Spiderman Pinata. They only had the black spiderman, so you can't see it super well, but I did get 10% off of it because the head was a bit smashed in (which I didn't care about because the kids were going to be beating it with a baseball bat!)

Above is Landon taking a couple swings at it!

Then Maya's turn.Then Addie had to have a turn!
And Porter really punished that spiderman! He knocked him off the rope. Grampy came to the rescue and made a noose to hang him back up (yep, we beat a Spiderman with a bad while he was hanging by a noose, kind of morbid huh?)But it took Hannie to knock all the candy out of him. The kids were pretty excited about that!

After that we opened presents. Landon LOVED that part, as I'm sure you can imagine! I had to crop most of these, because I was making RIDICULOUS faces in most of them. I guess I just got too excited! I left myself in one, just so you could see how exciting it was to open all the presents!
Here's the birthday boy with his presents.
He got a new Backyardigans movie. He was pretty excited about that!
Then he got a piggy bank from Grandma and Grandpa. It doesn't look like a piggy (which he will tell you) but we searched ALL OVER this town for a PIGGY bank. We went to every store and this plastic jar with a lid with a slot in it was the only thing we could find. It will count the money for you though when you drop your coins in it. Landon was really excited. That was the only thing he asked Grandma and Grandpa for.
Here's his $20 worth of coins for his new piggy bank.
And here was the gift he got the MOST excited about! The Incredible's DVD. As you can see, he was jumping and laughing and shouting, and I got a bit excited too! Clapping my hands like an idiot. I thought you all might get a good laugh out of this one, so I left myself in, just to humor you all.
Here is a non-blurry and non-moving picture of him with his new DVD.
He was also super excited about this one. A Mr. Potato Head.
And some more Magnetix for his collection.
He also got a super cool skateboard from the Elmers and a box of candy from both Porter and Maya. Needless to say, this kid didn't go without!! Oh yeah, he also got a Spiderman Frisbee (it's HUGE) from Grandma and Grandpa, and Nana and Grampy are taking him to the store tomorrow to pick out his birthday present. I'm afraid after this week he's going to have the 'gimmy's' pretty bad! It should be interesting.
After some playing and riding bikes, we had cake and ice cream. Nana made the cake and we thought it turned out AWESOME!!
And even though this post is long enough, I'll end with just a few random pictures. Steven's parents leave tomorrow and we are sad to see them go. It's been a nice week. We're excited to see Grandma again in Jan or Feb when she comes out after the baby is born.

Addie looking serious on her bike, and a classic Landon face. He gives you this face after he asks a question, of if he's concentrating on something.


Landon and Addie this morning after they woke up.
Addie giving out kisses to Grampy and Bennett.

A quick family picture. And one with Grandma and Grandpa.

That's the look Addie gives you when you ask her to make a grumpy face. And then a close up of her being cute!

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

i had a dream about addie last night...we were just hanging out...and then we were trying to go visit jennie mack....

HoffmanFamily2 said...

Too cute!! That looks like a SUPER fun time!! Don't you just love families!! :)

Gigi said...

I love the thought of the "excited mom" pictures and the fact that you cropped them. I do that too. It's hard not to get excited for your kids!
Happy birthday Landon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Landon!! Is your mom still there Sarah?? IS that why she hasn't posted the results from Biggest Loser yet? WHERE IS SHE?

joanna said...

Adoooooorable! Cute pics of family and kids, especially that little Addie