Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blog= Scrapbook?

My friend mentioned a website on her blog, where you can kind of convert your blog into a scrapbook. It's www.blurb.com. I'm in the process of downloading the program onto my computer, and I'm going to give it a try. I'm hoping it will work, because I've told myself many a time, that if I'm going to spend all this time on my blog (and I know it's hard to believe it when you read it, but it does take me time to keep this blog up) then I might as well be using it as a way of doing our personal family history. So, I'm on the quest to get it done. Wish me luck! (feel free to do that, wish me luck, via a comment ;) )

8 comments:

Gigi said...

Good luck Sarah! I may do that too - when I've had my blog a year.

Katy Wilson said...

alanna showed me a thing called shutterfly.com it looks like it might be the same kind of thing. she has made some cute books.

Anna said...

I don't know what program or company it is but my sister-in-law has her blog put into a book every year. The books are super-nice and suprisingly not too expensive. After I have at least a year of blogging under my belt I thought I'd try to get one done. Good luck with yours and let us all know how it turns out so we can copy your idea!

Kathy said...

Good Luck. I think this is a great idea. I may have mentioned this a couple of times. Let me know if it works.

Anna said...

So...it's me again. I asked my sister-in-law what company she uses to make her books and it is the one you are using. So cool! Her books are so nice!

Zarsky Family said...

Let me know how it goes! I would love to give it a try too :)

Alicia said...

How many pages can you get in a book?
Good luck BTW!!! :-)

joanna said...

This sounds like a great idea! That way, you can just focus on the blog as your family history/journal, instead of trying to keep scrapbooks and journals all over the place. However, the more personal things, like baby blessings and priesthood ordinations and baptisms and whatnot could probably be recorded elsewhere. You probably don't want all that on the internet.