Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!

First things first! Look at these cute hair bows I made for Addie for St. Patrick's day (I did make two, this just happens to be a picture of one of them.) She doesn't own much green, so she wore a cute yellow shirt with these adorable hair bows. I was proud of myself (can't you tell!)
I was on quest to find a good dinner I could make for tonight that I could turn green (but that my kids would eat!) I wasn't having much luck, so I turned to, what else, but the internet. I didn't find anything green, but I did find a recipe for Shepard's pie (which believe it or not, I've never made!) So I thought that seemed 'Irish' enough, so I made that.
Then for family night we made chocolate covered pretzels with green chocolate. Landon thought it was pretty cool to watch the white chocolate turn green when we put the food coloring in. Addie just enjoyed dipping the same pretzel in the chocolate the sucking the chocolate off. Then re-dipping it.

We had a pretty good day today. Tyler ended up not coming today, so I took my kids over to Hobby Lobby (I could spend hours in that store, which is weird since I really don't have either a 'hobby' or a 'lobby'...) I had to get stuff in there for YW this Wednesday. The Laurels have been invited to go to Enrichment this Thursday and they're having cake contest. So the Laurels entered the contest, and they're all coming to my house to make the cakes. We're making a 'Temple' and a 'Bride' cake. It should be fun. So I got all the stuff for the cakes, then came home to
get Addie down for a nap. We had a pretty good day overall.

I do wish the nice weather would come back though!!


5 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you for all the cute pictures. I love seeing pictures of the kids. I miss them so much. Hopefully, you will come here for my birthday or maybe Thunder or maybe BOTH!

Zarsky Family said...

Sounds like you guys had fun today! Cute hairbows--I think that they turned out fabulous! You were very festive for St. Paddy's Day--I made sure the kids wore green and then forgot about myself! Preztels and chocolate...yummy. :)

Kathy said...

I miss Captain Chaos

Katy Wilson said...

i need you to show me how to make a bow like that. mine always look like retarded shoelace bows.

Amanda said...

Cute ribbons and even cuter kids. Did you see the clips that molly posted today? Pretty cute stuff.