Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fun day...

It's amazing how nicer weather can really make your day! We had a great day today. I had weight watchers this morning. I lost 2.4 pounds, which was good, but not as good as I was hoping after my 4.4 pound gain last week!! Then I ran some errands. I went to goodwill to look for some chairs for our kitchen table. I didn't have much luck. But I did find a pair of shoes for each of my kids, and each pair was only $2.50! They were really cute and basically brand new too! Then I ran to walmart to get all the daily crap we need to survive.
This afternoon I decided to clean the toy room during nap time. It REALLY needed to be done, but wouldn't you know that Tyler only slept for 45 minutes, and Addie only slept for about an hour! I did get the room finished though, then we spent the rest of the afternoon outside. I was THRILLED we could go out and just let the kids play. We played with sidewalk chalk, Landon's scooter and trike, Addie pushed her baby around in the doll stroller (SO CUTE!!) and we even had our snack outside. We were all in heaven!
After Tyler got picked up Landon found one of his bookbags in the garage. It was filled with some of his toys. He strapped it on and then told me that he was Noah coming home from school (I think Noah Tate is the only person Landon knows who actually goes to school.) For the rest of the afternoon he called me 'Sarah' because I am not Noah's mommy. So he couldn't call me mommy. It was pretty funny. He was telling me all about school and the things he learned. He cracks me up!
Steven got home just at dinner time, so we ate, then he ran a bath for the kids. He was on the phone when he started the bath water, so he went upstairs to finish his conversation. Well, Addie didn't want to wait for him to finish on the phone before she could get in the bath, so she just jumped in, clothes, diaper and all. Silly girl!

Once we got them in bed, I went to a friends house for a 'Card Camp'. For $5 I got to make 5 homemade cards. They turned out really cute! I was really happy with them. It makes me want to start to sell homemade cards on ESTY.com. Sarah Z. how do you go about selling stuff on there? Does it cost anything to sell stuff on there? Anyway, it's just an idea.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to take the kids to 'Malone's Gymnastics' from 11-12. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I'm not sure we'll be able to enjoy being outside as much as we did today. Steven is going to be taking tests for his elective credits again tomorrow, so we'll need something to keep us busy. Anyone reading this who lives in the area, feel free to meet us there. We love having friends (and I love having someone to talk to while my kids are enjoying themselves!) Anyway, that's Malone's Gymnastic's from 11-12 tomorrow. It's $4 for the first kid and $2 for every kid after that (I think) and free for the parents.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for blogging. I love to wake up in the morning and find something interesting to read about my sweet grandkids. It just makes my day. Addie is too cute in the bathtub. The cards are adorable. It makes me want to make some. You will have to bring them down next time you come so I can copy them. I want to go to card camp!

Amanda said...

I love that second picture of Addie in the tub. She is so funny!

Zarsky Family said...

The cards are super cute! Card camp sounds like fun. I had enrichment last night and we got to make a few things. To sell on etsy, there is a listing fee of $0.20 per item. I am glad y'all got to play outside!!!

joanna said...

Super-cute cards and Addie!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute cards. When my mom and I get together we make cards. I think they are so fun to make...and impressive when you give them away! :) The picture of Addie in the bath is really cute. She is happy to be in there. (Ps, I posted 2 posts on my page)

Katy Wilson said...

love love love the cards. love cute little addie in the bath. love it all. miss you lots. and ya...