Yesterday was another good day. The weather was nicer, we were out of the house a lot, the kids were good and we had fun.
Then last night, around 10:30, Landon threw up all over his bed. He threw up two more times after that, but luckily we were able to get those in a trash can or bowl. Because the kids room smelled so bad, we had all four of us in one bed. Thank goodness for king size beds! I got to sleep in this morning (I LOVE Saturdays) but when I woke up, all the beautiful weather was hidden behind gray clouds and 'scattered showers'. Bummer!
Landon was so tired from being up until 2:30 that he fell asleep this afternoon and took an hour and a half nap! I couldn't believe it. This kid never takes naps. But he just barely fell asleep and it's 10:30, so we paid for that nap. I went to see a high school performance of 'Singin' in the Rain' this evening because three of my laurels are in the play. I went with the YW President and secretary. It was pretty cute!
Oh yeah, and I remembered one more random rant. Backhanded compliments. I hate it when people give you a 'compliment' but then as you think about it, you realize it wasn't really a compliment at all. Like if someone says "You're so much more laid back than I am. I go crazy when my house isn't clean!" So basically I'm an easy going slob. Or how about "I love how you don't care what people think of you. I'd be too self conscience to not start dieting right after I have my babies' Yeah, I know, I'm fat... Okay, so these aren't really things people have said to me, but you get my point. I think it's a prideful way of complimenting people. I heard once that if you with hold compliments it's a form of pride. You don't want to admit that someone is good, or better than you, at something. That's kind of what back-handed compliments are. You'll tell someone they're good at something, but not without telling them, subtly, why you're better.
Okay, I'm off to bed. Just thought I'd end with another soapbox rant.
5 comments:
I hope the Landon feels better (and you get a break from puke!). I am teaching RS tomorrow, so I am printing up the last of my stuff. I know...procrastination. But really, I had enrichment on Thursday night too. 2 callings...they are killing me!
Sarah, I'm so glad you feel comfortable getting on a soapbox, I could never insult someone to their face like that.
Ker-slap, what a back hand!
so i know that you aren't neccessarily refering to me when you rant..but i always feel guilty. therefore...i promise to use more pictures in my blogs...i promise not to talk about how i would love to come clean your house with you(even though you should KNOW that i would never mean anything mean about that...i would just want to hang out with you)... i promise never to change my clocks for daylight savings time. ok, i'm kidding.
Kris and I have been sick too. And I've heard of other people that are sick. Everyone's sick!
I agree with your comments about compliments. Some people are so dense and insensitive!
Post a Comment