Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Landon is back!!!





Last night my mom called to tell me that Landon was a bit sad in the evening because he was missing his mommy. I won't go into a lot of detail on how happy this made me. Not that he was sad, but that he missed me. He wouldn't talk to me on the phone the whole time he was gone because he was having too much fun! So, we decided that I would meet her in Indianapolis (halfway) today and I would pick him up there. So, we met at a mall down there and had lunch at 'The Cheesecake Factory', which was SO good, as usual. Then we just let the kids play at the play place in the mall until we had all the fun we could handle, then we packed the kids up in my van, and we went our separate ways. Landon was pretty sad that Nana wasn't coming back to our house with us. When her car pulled away he said 'Mom, I think Nana runned away!' Poor kid must have a complex about what a few day with him could do to a person. Just kidding (kind of). This evening we were riding in the car and Landon and I had a conversation that went something like this.
Landon: I don't want to go home.
Me: But Landon, we love you so much and you live with us because you're our favorite boy!
Landon: I love you too. But I don't like you.
Me: What? You don't like me? Why not? I like you a whole lot!!
Landon: Well, I like you I guess, but I like Nana the most.

I think it will be a while before Landon goes to spend a couple days with Nana. She's turning him against me or something. Either that, or she's just so much more fun than me that he really does dislike me when compared to Nana. Anyway, we had a good day. A change from our normal routine, which is always a good thing!

p.s. In case you can't tell, Spiderman was our guest at lunch. He's also spending the night with Landon tonight in Landon's bed. Thanks Nana for the Spiderman!

3 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

I'm glad y'all had a fun day! Cheesecake Factory sounds yummy...especially the cheesecake part :) I guess it's back to normal for you tomorrow.

Kathy said...

A mother is a mother, all of her life. I slept great last night. When Landon was here, I heard everytime he rolled over, covered up, moved, and breathed loud. Last night, knowing he wasn't here, I didn't wake up once. We miss him though. The house was quiet last night and this morning, which isn't always a good thing.

Katy Wilson said...

Every picture of Addie I see she is bigger and bigger! She is going to be talking in complete sentences the next time I see her!