Today after we got back from running our errands after weight watchers a friend called and invited us to a little book reading thing they were doing on campus. They had these little stations set up to listen to books being read (children's books obviously) then they had cookies and chocolate milk and pictures you could color. Plus they had the one and only Purdue Pete (mascot for Purdue University) Addie was TERRIFIED!! She was clinging onto my neck SO tight I could honestly let go of her with my arms and she wouldn't even budge. She just hung onto me. She didn't cry for too long, but man, she was scared.It was pretty fun though. Landon loved just running around playing with all the little toys they had there. He thought Purdue Pete was pretty cool. He kept giving him thumbs up. Purdue Pete would wave at him and Landon would just put his thumb up like 'yeah, I'm cool. We've got a mutual understanding that we are mutually cool, so this thumbs up will say it all'. He's a funny kid. He is ALWAYS giving me the thumbs up, which has since made me realize, I actually do that quite a bit.
Speaking of Landon, here's a funny Landon story for today. We were reading our scriptures tonight before bed and we were reading about how the brother of Jared (just on a quick tangent really quick, why in the world do we only know this guy as the brother of Jared, when we don't even know who Jared is?) ANYWAY, we were getting ready to read and Landon insisted we couldn't read the story I wanted to read, but we had to read 'where the Lamanites pray' We didn't know what he was talking about, so he turned through the book until he found the one he wanted. Then he pointed to the brother of Jared praying and said 'See, Lamanites praying!!' I told him they were really Jaredites, but he didn't seem to care that much. ANYWAY... so we're reading about the barges being light and him wondering how they can light the barges since they couldn't use the sunlight or fire. Landon says 'Oh, mom, I know. How 'bout flashlights!'
What a smart boy. Why didn't the brother of Jared think of that? He was pretty proud of himself for thinking of an alternative ending to the story.
2 comments:
I don't know how many times I've said it before, but Landon cracks me up! I wish I could have seen the thumbs up with the mascot. Too funny that boy.
A friend of mine's little girl, while talking about the same story, was asked why they couldn't use fire as light, and thinking she'd say because they are made of wood the mom said "what were the barges made of" and the little girl said "Bricks". She blogged about it and called the blog "do bricks float?" Kids are funny.
Post a Comment