Saturday, March 1, 2008

Freedom?

My mom came to visit on Thursday and stayed until this morning (Saturday). I just love having her come. My kids ADORE their Nana, so it's pretty much like a big party the whole time she's here! Thursday night we were watching 'American Idol' in my room, and we had put Landon and Addie in their room. Landon couldn't understand why we were in my room, and he had to stay in his room. He kept trying to get Nana to come lay with him. Finally we had this conversation with him:
Landon: MOM! MOM! Look over here at me!
Me: What do you need Landon? It's time for bed.
Landon: I have a great idea! I can sleep in my bed, and Nana can sleep in my bed too! And we'll both lay down like this (then he lays down to show me what he meant). Then it will be night time and the moon will be out, and then in the morning the sun will come up and the rooster will say 'coo-cu-cook-ca coo!' and we can wake up and play with Nana, okay?
Me: Sure, but it's time for you to sleep now.

Then a bit later we looked down the hall to check on him and this is what we see, staring into our room.
Poor boy is just like his mom, he can't stand to be left out of all the fun!

My mom left today, and she decided to take Landon with her! So sometime next week, I'll meet her in Indianapolis and pick him up. Luckily Indianapolis is half way between here and there. So for the next 5 days or so, it's FREEDOM! Well, I still have Addie, but she's such a breeze by herself! Although, this afternoon she sure has been soaking up the undivided attention!! Anyway, I suppose I should get in the shower while Addie is sleeping. It is 2:19 afterall...

7 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

You and Addie enjoy yourselves...I'm sure that Landon will be having a blast! Aren't Nanas great?

Anna said...

I love nothing more than to have my mother, mother-in-law, or sister come stay with us. Of course, it's always fabulous when my mom takes Connor back with her! Hooray for you! Enjoy your time (although I'm sure you'll miss your little guy)! I'm a bit jealous.

Amanda said...

that picture is so cute. you can tell he's totally tired. Poor guy

Alicia said...

I love your new blog layout! BTW...that you for your sweet testimony! I hope that all goes well until Thurday when Landon gets back!

Amanda said...

I'm jealous that mom took Landon for you (by the way). Isn't she great?

HoffmanFamily2 said...

Party!! Hey I'm thinking of making a Lafayette trip this coming weekend!

Katy Wilson said...

um...super cute background! i need you to tell me how to make my all personal and cute! guess where i am commenting from...Rodney's computer! I will try to get a blog up soon about the train.