Sunday, January 6, 2008

CAPS FOR SALE!

Tonight I was reading books with the kids and we read a book called 'Caps for Sale'. In the book, a peddler carries all of the caps he sales on his head. He has his own checked cap on, then on top of that is all the gray hats, then all the brown hats, blue hats, and red hats on top. So he has a huge pile of caps on his head. No one was buying his caps so he walks over to a tree to take a nap. He leans against the tree and has a good rest. When he wakes up, he notices all of his caps are gone except for his own checked cap. He looks up and there are all these monkeys in the tree, and each monkey is wearing one of his caps. He gets mad and shakes his finger at the monkey's and says 'You monkeys, you! Give me back my caps!' The monkeys just shake their fingers back at him and say "Tzs, Tzs, Tzs...' (why they say that instead of Eek, eek, I'm not sure). Then the peddler shakes a fist at them, and then both fists, then stomps his feet. Each time saying the same thing, and each time the monkeys just mimic his behavior. Then finally he gets so frustrated that he takes off his own checked cap, and throws it on the ground. Then the monkeys mimic him and he gets all his caps back.
NOW, the reason I recaped the whole book, is because Landon and Addie decided to act out the book. They got bowls and put them on their heads. Addie kept hers on all night. All through scripture study and prayer!! It was pretty funny and REALLY cute!
Caps for Sale!!

You Monkeys, you! Give me back my caps!!

My little monkeys!

Silly kids!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your blog 1/2 an hour ago and it didn't have this on it! You are such a cute mom. I need help with uploading video to my blog, maybe now that you are such a pro you can help me out.

Anonymous said...

That is a cute story about your kids. I love all those fun picture books out there!