Sunday, January 20, 2008

I hate 1:00 church!

Today has just kind of been a blah day! Landon didn't sleep in his bed all night last night (bummer). Part of that is probably because I was out last night when he woke up and he got into bed with Steven. Steven said he tried to get him to go back to his bed, but he wouldn't. So I moved him into his own bed, but he found his way back a couple hours later. We'll see how tonight goes. I told him if he'll sleep in his bed all night tonight then we'll make pancakes in the morning. Is it bad that I always bribe my kids with food?

I got up this morning and made 9 or 10 mini loafs banana bread and two loafs of oatmeal bread. I was making it for my YW class because our lesson was getting closer to the Savior, then I attached a scripture to the mini loafs of bread about Jesus Christ being the 'bread of life'. Then I also brought the oatmeal bread with some home made freezer jam, just to eat, because it's yummy! Well, while I was getting my last batch of banana bread out of the oven, I picked up my hot pad (which I had laid in some water, and didn't realize it) and so when I went to get the pan out, it started burning my right hand, because the hot pad was wet. So, without thinking, I grabbed the pan with my left hand and now I have blisters going down the side of my pointer finger and the curving up along the side of my thumb! That little pocket between my pinter and thumb is SO sore!! Anyway, I'm surviving.

Addie has been a bear today because she didn't really get a nap, since church starts at 1:00. Steven has to work tomorrow (even though the rest of the U.S. thinks it's a holiday) so I was going to take the kids to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis. Well, I called my mom to see if she wanted to meet us there, since it's about half way between our houses, but dad and Hannah both have dr. apt's, so they can't come. So I talked to two of my friends from the ward, they can't come because 1 has a husband home from work, and the other has family in visiting. Then I talked to my friend Miranda from Louisville, and we found out that tomorrow is the free day at the museum. Well, that is good, but also bad, because it will be packed!! So, I don't think we're going to go now, which is kind of a bummer because I wanted to do something fun since I don't have to watch Tyler tomorrow. I think I might call a friend and we might get together to make pretzels. But I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I'm off to read my book some. Sorry this blog was so BLAH, but like I said, it's been a BLAH day! Hope you all had a wonderful Sabbath!! ;)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Sarah, I don't know why but I was so stinkin' happy to read that you are a Young Womens leader! I can only imagine you would be one of the best YW leaders in the world. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Your poor fingers. I have done the same stupid mistake before. Sorry about landon, it's all my fault for keeping you out late. lol
Just think...only 11 1/2 more months until 9am church. haha

Zarsky Family said...

At least it's 1 PM and not 3-6 PM like we had all last year! Now we are 8-11 AM. Crazy, huh?