What a day! I got up this morning and called the Dr. office to try to get my kids in there today. They both have runny noses and really bad coughs. So, I called and they said they could get us in at 8:30. So, we rushed through breakfast and off we went. Both of my kids have RSV (which, for some reason, I thought only little babies could get. But I guess it's only serious when babies get it) Addie also has asthma, which I've suspected for a while now. Every time she gets sick she starts wheezing and coughing, and Saturday night/Sunday morning she was really bad. Going up the stairs, laughing, crying, anything like that makes he wheeze really bad and gasp for air. So, we got an inhaler for her.
When we got home from picking up the prescription, I got on the treadmill. Then we had lunch, then I put Addie down for her nap. I laid her on the toddler bed, and closed the door. I could hear her trying to open the door, so I just told her to go get back in bed. Well, I was thinking about getting in the shower, but I got tied up looking at everyone's blogs. Then I heard a knock at the door and it was my visiting teachers. I totally forgot they were coming. My house was a mess, I was still wearing 2 sports bras from running (so it basically just looked like I had one huge boob in the middle of my chest, very flattering!) and I was wearing a jakey shirt that had holes under both arms, and one on the front! I totally looked like white trash! Anyway, they gave their message and left (but not before Landon threw a ball at one of the little girls head! What will I do with him?) Then I went to go check on Addie. I opened the door and she was no where to be seen!! Not in any of the beds, not under the beds, not in the chair. So I checked in my room. Nope, not in my room, or the bathroom! So, I started to get kind of frantic! Where could she be?! I went back into her room and decided to look in the closet. And as I crack the door open, I can see that she is hunched over a tub of clothes she's out grown. Her butt was pushing against the door, and her feet were on the floor! She took her whole nap standing/hunched over in her closet!! When I opened the door she came toppling out and woke up. She was not too happy about that! It was pretty funny though. I just wish I could have gotten a picture of it!
4 comments:
SO FUNNY! 2 Sports bras? That is serious stuff! I hope the kids start to feel better now. Poor Addie...at least she's got an inhaler now. :)
My two favorite parts 1. two sports bra's...I can relate. 2. jakey shirts...reminds me of you, because you're the only one who says jakey. I think I'm going to try to start that out here. Did i ever tell you about the time my neibor got lost? She is a few years younger than me and her parents couldn't find her one evening after they sent her to bed early. They ended up calling out the whole ward, neighbors, and local police. They were looking for her forever...and then they found her under her bed right up against the wall. So funny...in retrospect.
I LOVE your blogs - hilarious!
And wasn't that a weird-looking lady working at the Wal-Mart pharmacy the other day? Do you remember who I'm talking about?
Sarah Porter!!! Sorry Harward! How the heck are you?! I got your blog off your sister's. Your kids are so cute! It's so good to catch up a bit on where you're at and what're you're doing! Be sure to click on over to our blog!
Post a Comment