Here's Landon trying to help Seven move the bed upstairs (you can't tell, but it is off the floor!)
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Should I even get my hopes up?
Last night an amazing thing happened! Landon slept in his own bed all night long!! He did come in at one point and ask me to come lay with him and snuggle him, and I gladly did that, because once he fell back asleep I went back to my own bed, WITHOUT HIM!!! We moved the cute little toddler bed up (it was supposed to be for Addie) and Landon said he wanted to sleep in it. So, we put Addie in Landon's twin bed, and Landon in the 'Piglet' bed (it kind of looks like piglet's bed). I was laying down with him trying to get him to go to sleep and I told him if he would sleep in his bed ALL NIGHT LONG, then we would make cupcakes today, with sprinkles! He said 'But I will get scared without you' so I told him if he gets scared to just come and get me and I'll lay with him in his bed until he fell back asleep. It worked. I'm trying to decide if I should get my hopes up or not. It's not like we can make cupcakes EVERY day if he sleeps in his bed. (Is it possible to make up a cake mix, and only make a couple cup cakes, then put the rest of the batter in the fridge until the next day, like cookie dough?) Anyway, I was thrilled. I didn't sleep the best because Addie woke up twice and I went to lay with her, and Landon woke up once (I think it was only once) but it is totally worth it if it will keep Landon in his own bed!!
Landon and Addie sleeping in their beds (once we get the crib down, we'll move the beds so they aren't right next to each other)
Well, I have to leave for a YW board meeting in about 20 minutes, so I better get moving. I just wanted to report my success in getting my kids (mainly just Landon) to sleep in their own beds!! YEAH FOR ME!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woo Hoo! Don't you just love it when they're sleeping? So cute!
Yeah for Landon! I am hoping for the best for you!
Post a Comment