Landon: Going on a Speegie hunt (then he looks at me with expectant eyes)
Me: (Not knowing what in the world a 'speegie' is, or where he learned this, I repeated what he said) Going on a speegie hunt?
Landon: I'm not afraid
Me: I'm not afraid.
Landon: What's that up ahead? (putting his hand on his forehead as if he was shielding his eyes from the sun or looking far into the distance)
Me: What's that up ahead? (mimicking his same actions.)
Landon: It's TALL TALL grass!
Me: It's Tall Tall grass!
Landon: Can't go over it, can't go under it, can't go around it, have to go through it! Walk Walk Walk Walk.
Me: Walk Walk Walk Walk...
Anyway, I thought it was so funny because I had never done this with him before so I wasn't sure where he learned it. He knew all the words, and after we went through the grass, we climbed the trees, swam through the water, and stomped through the mud. I asked him where he learned this and he said 'From Brother DeGraw, at my class at church.' I was pretty excited about that. If he can learn cute little things like this in his church class, then he's hopefully actually listening, so hopefully he's really learning the basics of the gospel while in his class too!! A mother can only hope!
The other picture is of my sweet Addie rubbing her arms because she's obsessed with skin (especially people's arms) and when she's tired, she just wants a binkie and an arm to rub. If I wear long sleeves, she'll shimmy her hand up my sleeve so she can rub my skin or she'll just rub my neck and face. She's been like that since she was a brand new baby! Only when she was that little, she would pinch instead of rub!
5 comments:
Thomas was obsessed with elbows. He liked the rub our elbows and if we had a long sleeve shirt on he would do anything he could to get to the elbow.
I love the picture of stevo crammed into that little bed. Durable little thing huh?
Steven looks very comfortable in that little bed! :) Addie looks so sweet in her bed. Maybe Landon will stay in bed all night...here's wishing you the best!
I like your quote at the top of the page! Children and patience...who knew they went hand in hand? :)
Steven looks so cute! lol! I hope u guys are doing well...hope to double-date when I get back.
Post a Comment